What is the role?
To help The Local Good create a consistently engaging and informative experience for people who attend Green Drinks. Green Drinks is the heart of our events and is key to facilitating conversation on all the good things Edmonton has to offer. Green Drinks Edmonton is a simple, unstructured event that brings together environmentally-minded Edmontonians in a relaxed, agenda-free evening of networking and great conversation.
Why this role matters:
To ensure successful Green Drinks Edmonton events continue to enable The Local Good as a hub for the community. It’s also one of the most important roles for building meaningful, ongoing relationships with our core community.
- Organize six Green Drinks events the first Wednesday of each month (Oct-Apr).
- Work with and adapt systems that ensure all events are executed smoothly, tracked, and updated.
- Engage and follow-up with the Green Drinks community.
- Collaborate with The Local Good team to brainstorm and promote the Green Drinks season.
You might be a perfect fit if…
- You love the work of The Local Good
- You’re great at event organizing and volunteer management
- You know the ins and outs of Google Drive, Eventbrite and social media
- You’ve got excellent written and in-person communication skills
- You have strong time management and self-motivation
- You’ve got a laptop and wifi at home
- You have a personal interest in learning a grassroots model of building community (maybe for your own amazing initiative down the road?)
- You have some experience in marketing and fundraising
- You are a team player
- You work well under pressure and are a strong problem solver
Measures of Success:
- Engaged attendees at Green Drinks
- Number of attendees at each Green Drinks event
- Smooth event lead-up and execution with The Local Good team
- Connections made and positive feedback throughout the season
- Each event shared on social and broadcast media by key local hubs