Our awesome Social Media Coordinator, Arielle Demchuk, is getting ready to embark on a multi-month adventure in South America. Go Arielle!
So, if you’re looking for a role as a Social Media Coordinator, there is now a space open at The Local Good.
This is an 8-month position with a weekly commitment of 8 – 10 hours. What’s it about and what’s involved?
To manage the social media for The Local Good and help make it the most useful online hub it can be for Edmontonians. The key work in this role will be:
- To maintain and build The Local Good’s social media channels:
- To amplify the work published by The Local Good blog team and promote upcoming events hosted by TLG and other like-minded groups.
- To be part of The Local Good team (monthly meetings, team activities, etc.)
Why This Role Matters:
We’re committed to being a catalyst and hub for creating collaborative community-building initiatives that connect Edmontonians with each other and local resources, fostering a culture of belonging, resilience, and social and environmental responsibility. Our social media person is the heart of our communications for The Local Good and the key to spreading the word about our great blog content, events, and other activities. Our goal is to help make it easy (if not inevitable) that people in Edmonton find the resources they’re looking for that could help make their lives a little more green, sustainable, local and resilient. Your role is to shine the growing spotlight of The Local Good on all of the good things Edmonton has to offer.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll receive monthly compensation of $200.
- Your honorarium may be increased after six months, pending a review of the quality of work and your ability to meet expectations.
- You get to be a part of a super cool project in YEG.
- You get a volunteer reference.
- Learn social media skills from the other social-savvy nerds on the team.
- Can spend 8-10 hours per week on this consistently.
- Both self-motivated and a great collaborator.
- Can attend monthly team meetings.
- Can offer constructive feedback to the blog team on social media posts and communicate effectively with the blog team coordinator outside of monthly meetings.
- Can exchange weekly updates with TLG Steering Committee’s Social Media Liaison.
- Owns a computer and smartphone with internet access.
- Already familiar with the work of The Local Good and a follower of our social media channels.
- Writing and photography skills
- Familiar with CoSchedule, Hootsuite, Buffer (or similar social media management software) and social media analytics tools.
- Can accurately track time spent on The Local Good work and is always looking for ways to work more effectively and efficiently.
- Social media savvy — already on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. Knows how to use them for engagement and growth, report on findings and suggest ways to improve results.
- Likes to promote and share local projects and unique Edmonton initiatives, while supporting the community in various ways (e.g. shopping local).
Deadline for Application: Please complete the application form no later than Friday, June 24, at 11:59 p.m. Interviews will take place the following week.