Green Drinks Edmonton is is a simple, unstructured event that brings together environmentally-minded Edmontonians in a relaxed, agenda-free evening of networking and great conversation. In Edmonton, we do Green Drinks with a slight difference: the events are themed to bring interested people and local experts together, to facilitate introductions and foster collaborations.
Whether you work in the environmental field or are just breaking in, it’s a chance to mingle with a lively mixture of people from NGOs, academia, government and business, share information and make friends. Although Green Drinks Edmonton is an organic, casual event, many people have found employment, developed new ideas, made business connections, and had moments of serendipity! Bring your friends and ideas – everyone is welcome!
Where & When:
We meet at The Yellowhead Brewery on the first Wednesday of most months from 7 – 10 pm.
Upcoming Green Drinks events:
Join the facebook group.
Read blog posts about past and upcoming Green Drinks events.
Twitter hashtag: #GreenDrinksYEG
Green Drinks Edmonton is part of the Green Drinks International movement, organized in Edmonton by The Local Good.
Past Green Drinks Events:
- Oct 2nd 2013 – Municipal Election
- Nov 6th 2013 – What’s Missing in Edmonton?
- Dec 4th 2013 – The Local Good’s Sixth Anniversary – private function
- Jan 1st 2014 – No Green Drinks this month.
- Feb 5th 2014 – Alternative Energy and Sustainable Homes
- March 5th 2014 – Local Food
- April 2nd 2014 – Local Literature
- May 7th 2014 – Good Business
- May 31st 2014 – Good 100 Party
- Oct 1st, 2014 – Good Jobs
- October 22, 2014 – Campus Meets Community (cohosted by Sustain SU at the University of Alberta)
- November 5, 2014 – Shop Local
- February 4, 2015 – Local Resilience
- March 4. 2015 – Local Food DIY
- April 1, 2015 – Greening Your Closet
- May 6, 2015 – Edmonton’s Hidden Gems
- October 7th, 2015 – Election 2015: Meet Your Candidates
- October 21th, 2015 – Green Drinks on Campus (cohosted by Sustain SU at the University of Alberta)
- November 4th, 2015 – Greening Your Home
- February 4th, 2016 – Winter In YEG
- March 2nd, 2016 – Local Food
- April 6th, 2016 – Local Resilience
- May 4th, 2016 – Made In YEG
- September 7th, 2016 – Sustainability On Campus