Ever wonder about the birds and the bees? The November edition of Green Drinks is about making your home sustainable, no matter its size. Come chat with some of Edmonton’s home gurus about urban agriculture, sustainable materials and other resources, and get some tips who have tips for your green-living needs. Plus, the awesome door prizes that have been donated by the featured guests will be kept secret until that night, so you’ll have to be there in person not only to win, but to find out what they are.
You won’t want to miss out on this awesome opportunity to
- win one of two $50 gift certificates for KZ Permaculture courses and learn about them in person
- view Dustin Bajer‘s (Public Ecology) handcrafted bee hive
- get the dirt on composting and reducing household waste by local experts
- learn what the buzz is about from YEG Bees (their door prize is super sweet)
- pick up your copy of the City of Edmonton’s Green Home & Green Living guides
This Green Drinks offers you the chance to meet new connections, including
- Mike Hamilton, Chris Floden, Matt Boeckner, Kevin McEwan and Jocelyn Crocker from YEG Bees who can offer insight into backyard beekeeping in the city
- City of Edmonton environmental engagement co-ordinator Robin Webb who is bringing Green Home and Green Living guides (make sure to ask her about the cool new project she’s working on)
- Marsha Shack from the Alberta department of agriculture and forestry
- Kenton Zerbin from KZ Permaculture who can talk about growing food in your yard
- Brandy Burdeniuk from EcoAmmo, an organization that works with architects on projects that are seeking LEED certification and can offer advice about sustainable interior products. Want to know if bamboo or cork is the best thing to put on your floor? Brandy’s the person to break it down for you.
- Coco Lillycrop, indoor air quality expert at Carbon Environmental Boutique, who also knows the High Street shop‘s interior product lines inside and out
- And Dustin Bajer — you can likely talk to him about hundreds of things relating to sustainable homes, because he does a lot of them, often in DIY style.
On Wednesday, Nov. 4, bring your friends, ideas, and questions to the Yellowhead Brewery at 7 p.m. for Green Drinks: Greening Your Home to engage in interesting conversations and walk away understanding a little bit more about what alternatives may be right for your sustainable home needs. Tickets can be purchased online, with more information about our featured guests as well. Tickets are $10 in advance, and $15 at the door (cash only).
You can help us to spread the word by inviting your peers and networks to Green Drinks with this FB event and RSVP link. If you’re on Twitter, use the hashtag #greendrinksyeg for chances to win a Twitter contest prize from Carbon Environmental Boutique.
We are looking forward to seeing you Nov. 4 — but we also need volunteers to make this event amazing! Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering.